I did many things in the holidays. Many fun things. (Which means I don't have to write an amusing story
about how I didn't do anything in the holidays). One of the most fun things I did was to go to the Wellington Museum of City and Sea . (I actually went to two museums in the holidays. The other one was Te apa. But I Liked the Museum of Wellington City and Sea more). It was very interesting and informative. And (okay) fun.
I went there with my mum, two little sisters, and some family friends from my sister's coffee group and class. Dad dropped us off in front of the building and we caught the train home. We picked up a treasure hunt at the front desk. The lady at the desk asked us to find the two rats in the bond store that she heard were running around in there. We all rushed into the bond store to find them. On our way out we told her where they were and she gave us all a sticker for finding them.
I was really interested by the displays and wanted to have a good look at everything. Unfortunately my sisters and their friends rushed ahead so I didn't really get the chance. My favourite display- Life a Century Ago- was on the top floor. It was all about everyday life for Victorians. My favourite part was the section that told you about different jobs people had. There were telephones which, when you put them to your ear, a person told you all about their job. It was much more interesting than reading lots of text.
After going to the museum we had lunch at Frank Kitts park. I played in a tree most of the time we were there. At 12 O'clock the Len Lye water swirler on the waterfront began. It was one of the weirdest things I saw that day. At one point it went really wild. My sisters and I went right up to it and got really went.
One the way to the train my mum, sisters and I looked at shops. Katie got a pillow pet for her birthday. Marama wanted one too and she decided to buy one with her birthday money so we were on a mission to find some. We could not find the faintest trace. We decided to get one from the warehouse in Johnsonville, where we got off the train.
We caught a train at the central station on the Johnsonville line and got off at the end of the line. I sat with mum and my sisters ran around for most of the journey. They cannot sit still.
Once we got off we went to the warehouse where we found a whole tub off pillow pets. Marama chose a purple bunny. When they got home they we so excited about Marama's new toy that they didn't even care about the present that got left for Kate at the front door. WHAT!!! Do your siblings ever behave like that?
After going to the museum we had lunch at Frank Kitts park. I played in a tree most of the time we were there. At 12 O'clock the Len Lye water swirler on the waterfront began. It was one of the weirdest things I saw that day. At one point it went really wild. My sisters and I went right up to it and got really went.
One the way to the train my mum, sisters and I looked at shops. Katie got a pillow pet for her birthday. Marama wanted one too and she decided to buy one with her birthday money so we were on a mission to find some. We could not find the faintest trace. We decided to get one from the warehouse in Johnsonville, where we got off the train.
We caught a train at the central station on the Johnsonville line and got off at the end of the line. I sat with mum and my sisters ran around for most of the journey. They cannot sit still.
Once we got off we went to the warehouse where we found a whole tub off pillow pets. Marama chose a purple bunny. When they got home they we so excited about Marama's new toy that they didn't even care about the present that got left for Kate at the front door. WHAT!!! Do your siblings ever behave like that?
No comments:
Post a Comment